HOME     DANCE     F&B     FASHION     IDEAS     OUTFIT     MUSIC     PERSONAL     PORTFOLIO     TRAVEL



May 25, 2016

My Trip To Paris


Bonjour à tous! I'm so thrilled to finally be able to share my story when I travel to Europe. To kick things off, I will start in the City of Lights/Love, Paris. Maybe some of you won't make traveling to Europe a big of a deal since it's very easy for you to go there twice a year. But if you're like me, who needs to save up for two years for a big trip, then probably you can relate to this journey of mine.

Started off in Soekarno-Hatta airport, Jakarta, I flew with Cathay Pacific to Amsterdam via Hong Kong. Then right after I landed in Schipol Airport, Amsterdam, I continued directly to Charles de Gaulle, Paris. It was a long-ass flight and I practically was in the sky for almost a day. I should be knackered but for some weird reason I didn't feel it at all. Perhaps it's the adrenaline out of excitement.



So once I arrived in France, I immediately checked in to the hotel and then, wasted no time, I started to explore the city. Again, I didn't know what got into me. If I were in Jakarta, I would've gone straight to bed lol. The weather was often nice with a dash of drizzle sometimes, below 10°C most of the time. Luckily I brought many outerwears with me.

I spent 2 days and 3 nights before I went back to Amsterdam to continue my European adventure. Witnessing many famous landmarks that I've only seen in TV or internet makes me grounded and humble for having the luckiest day ever at that time. The non-stop gasping session was obviously there. Low key freaking out like a little boy. :"D Let's just say that I made one of my dreams came true.

After lots of walking, modern/contemporary art museums, parties, artisanal baguettes and gourmet French food,  as well as heaps of metro rides, I finally came to the last day of my Paris trip. Sad is such understatement in terms of describing my feeling when I was about to leave that gorgeous city. Aside from some ghetto neighborhoods and a few unfriendly people, everything was so pretty. The memories were clearly burnt in my brain for the rest of my life for sure.

I will bust my ass to be able to go back! Until next time, Joli. :)















2 comments